Welcome to the Canterbury Community Action Group (CCAG)
We love Canterbury. We love our history, the housing – both old and new, the lush gardens and parks, our local meeting places, shops, schools and amenities. Most of all, we love what this brings to Canterbury – a strong sense of community.
CCAG is a voluntary group which aims to facilitate communication, liaise and link local groups and businesses on a broad range of activities.
Our activities continue to change to reflect what is required as a community and area. Our support and activities to date have included:
- Providing communication and feedback to residents, businesses and council in trying to strike a balance in progressing development by balancing this with maintaining our unique heritage
- Feedback to Council on issues such as graffitti and traffic
- Assisting local traders with events
- Beautication of areas around Canterbury such as the Canterbury Station Underpass Mural project
- Linking community groups such as Canterbury Neighbourhood Centre with local businesses
- Assisting with working bees and being central to activating a local ‘Clean up Australia’ campaign.
CCAG aims to provide a voice in support of the past, for those who are present – to ensure a future for Canterbury.